Thursday, May 17, 2012
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Monday, May 14, 2012
I am reminded today why I love good books. Reading can transport you to imaginary places of your dreams or to different eras of time that you have always longed to see. Reading educates, inspires, and transforms. I read to my children every day in hopes that they will discover the magic in books like I have.
What reminded me today of my love of good books and reading? Was it the crushed cheerios under Cam's high chair? Was it the screaming "I WANT JUICE!!" from my normally sweet NoraBug? Believe it or not, the answer is no :o) It was the moment of quiet as Nora was half awake and I decided to fore go my daily activities and just cuddle with her in bed as she woke. It was a whispered, "I love you so much mom" from sleepy crystal blue eyes. It was a warm little body curling into the crescent that my body made behind hers on her bed. I have a good book to thank for the lesson I was reminded of to take the opportunities I have with my kids.
I have started reading the book of one of my inspirations, Stephanie Nielsen of NieNieDialogues.com, titled Heaven Is Here. The retelling of her courting her sweet Mr. Nielsen reminds me of my Prince Kenny. And her expressions on Motherhood and Children remind me of how precious every moment is with my babies; life can change in a moment. Stephanie is a gifted writer. Her book will reside on my shelf beside the likes of Emerson, Dickinson, and Bronte because of the ability her book has to educate, inspire, and transform me.
I have a new resolve to remember how short my time is with my babies. As I tell Kenny on those nights where I am curled next to Nora or holding my quickly growing Cam, "They will never be this way again. Today is over."
Thank you NieNie for reminding me of how precious life is and of the loves in my life: Kenny, Nora, Cam, and reading :o)
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Posted by Jamie and Kenny at 7:33 AM
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
|June 21, 2009|
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
NEWS...WE ARE ALIVE!
- I got to stay home for a little while with my new little Cameron and my Nora Bug.
- My Prince started his student teaching semester at Herriman High School in Herriman, UT.
- I turned 24 :o)
- Maternity Leave is over...I had to head back to work at Ancestry.com.
- I was promoted to Manager of the International Customer Service Team.
- My Prince started his first year teaching at Provo High School.
- Nora is potty trained!!!!!!!!!!
- I decided that Cam and Nora deserved a full-time Mommy and quit work to be home.
- Nora turned 3 :o)
- We spent Christmas in Arizona with Nana, Grandpa, Great Grandma, Great Grandpa, Becks, Paul and Jenna.
- My Prince and I celebrated our 4th Wedding Anniversary.
- Cam turned 1 :o)
- Cam got his first tooth!
- We went to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point to see the dinosaurs.
- One of My Prince's choirs earned straight Superior ratings the Region Festival.